The universe has a good sense of humor and a great sense of making everything happen all at once. So in the past two weeks or so, in particular order:
1. Is it weird to be talking about your boobs in front of the world? Or at least the world of the Huffington Post. But why not? It was fun and who knows what might come out of it? Also, that headline… I think anyone with a brain would believe that I cried after my surgery. Ah, HuffPo! You adorable sensationalizer, you!
2. We moved. To Connecticut. I haven’t decided yet how I feel about all of it. So far I love our new place, the more urban feel, the signs on the highway pointing to New York City, just down the road. But I miss Maine, I miss my friends, I miss my creaky, old house.
3. We sold our house. This happened in just the span of 24 hours — in the morning no buyer, by the evening it was negotiated and gone. Again, mixed feelings. Financially it’s probably a really bad move. But emotionally and in the long-term, I think it was the right move. We wanted to move, we wanted to do something different, we wanted to start a new life. And the house was weighing us down. We are closing on the deal on Wednesday and in a way I really don’t want to see who bought it. I want to always imagine us in there, even if I do recall quite clearly how often I uttered “UGH! I HATE THIS HOUSE!” while we were living in it.
4. Stomach flu. Sam. All night.
5. Working from home. I haven’t done it for long yet — a day, really — but I know that I will have to come up with a new routine, a way to get out of the house, meet and see people. It will be an adjustment. I also feel like I will be more productive and that I will be able to be more present when I am home with Sam. I hope.
5. Things to look forward to: LA in March. NYC in May. Budapest in May. London in the fall.